Highest efficiency supplies?

Endgame

Semi-regular
I’m in the market to pickup a new PSU with my next system, and likely refresh a supply on my backup host. My systems will be running 24x7x365 for folding at home / boinc when not doing other things (like gaming) and I’m powering this off of my home solar. My wife has given me the go ahead to pickup the hardware as long as I don’t exceed the power generated by our solar panels. This means that the Purchase price isn’t as critical as the daily power draw, meaning high efficiency supplies are going to be the winner.

I’ve been watching new egg, waiting for Seasonic Prime Titanium power supplies to come in stock, but now that in think about it I’m not sure if they are the best / highest efficiency supplies you can buy. flipping through various forums and sites I’ve seen the Seasonic supplies ranked like B+ (LTT forums) but I’m not really sure I trust them.

So who / what is best and does Anyone have any suggestions?

I have an 850 prime titanium. Super sexy psu. Fan never runs.

So who / what is best and does Anyone have any suggestions?

Paging @Paul_Johnson since he probably remembers off the top of his head which supplies have been best over the years.

Properly testing power supplies for functionality and efficiency is not a cheap endeavor.... so this is the one area where I would only want to base input off of those who have done it right...

Seasonic has the most consistent and best developed product portfolio of high efficiency power supplies that you can buy as a consumer. SuperFlower is probably second. No one should ever buy something based on a list found on LTT forums.

Become a Patron!
Back