Horizon Forbidden West Sequel with Aloy Confirmed as Guerrilla’s Studio Director and Executive Producer Leaves for PlayStation Studios

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Guerrilla Games is working on a sequel to 2022's Horizon Forbidden West, and it will feature Aloy as its lead character, according to a new message that the Amsterdam-based developer shared today regarding some of the changes that are happening within its studio management. Studio Director and Executive Producer Angie Smets, who's been with Guerrilla Games for two decades, is starting a new role as Head of Development Strategy at PlayStation Studios, according to the post, and while Guerrilla didn't provide any further details on its next Horizon game, Horizon fans can also look forward to a new online game based in the world of Horizon, which has been described by Guerrilla as being "exciting." Guerrilla's management team now consists of Joel Eschler (Studio Director and Production Director), Hella Schmidt (Studio Director and General Manager), and Jan-Bart van Beek (Studio Director and Art Director), while Michiel van der Leeuw (Technical Director) will be focusing on the future technology and strategy for the Decima engine.

See full article...

Just as a side note... the Horizon world is RIPE for a MMORPG, but it's amount of actual content is sorely lacking right now. It would need a LOT more to do to be a solid MMORPG. But they have all the pieces to explain away new characters and the world repopulating and challenging the player base already well in place.

Just a thought.

No, please god no. #notanothermmo

I'd be leaving too if they were going to turn it into online garbage.

No, please god no. #notanothermmo

I'd be leaving too if they were going to turn it into online garbage.
so play the single player one and pretend the online game does not exist, I do this for tons of games.

so play the single player one and pretend the online game does not exist, I do this for tons of games.
In most online games you can't ignore online elements as it is constantly being shoved in your face.

In most online games you can't ignore online elements as it is constantly being shoved in your face.
They are making a sequel to forbidden west and a seperate online game which you don't need to buy if you want to play the sequel as they are unrelated, just the same universe.

Become a Patron!
Back