Horizon: Zero Dawn (a PS4 Exclusive) Is Coming to the PC in 2020, Multiple Sources Say

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Back in December, we were treated to a wild rumor that Horizon: Zero Dawn, a PS4 exclusive, would be making its way to the PC. That idea seemed a little far-fetched at the time, but according to a new report from Kotaku's Jason Schreier, a PC version of Guerrilla Games's 2017 action RPG is, in fact, on its way.

Schreier spoke to three anonymous sources who claimed that Sony would be bringing Horizon: Zero Dawn to the PC platform some time this year. It isn't clear where the game will be distributed, but Steam and the Epic Games Store appear to be the most likely candidates. How it'll differ from the PS4 version is also unknown, but higher frame rates seem like a given (the original is locked at 30 FPS).

Assuming this news is genuine, Horizon: Zero Dawn's PC port would symbolize Sony's admission that platform is no longer king in the video game industry. Since the PS1 days, the company has always kept first-party titles locked down due to their propensity for driving hardware sales, but today's secondary revenue streams have gotten too big to ignore.

The implications of this decision are obviously huge for PC gamers who have been itching to play PS4's biggest games but couldn't justify buying a console just for a few exclusive titles. Could God of War, The Last of Us: Part II, and/or Spider-Man be next?

Reactions: _k_
I don’t think it means all that.

It’s a several year old game and Sony has a new console generation coming soon.

This is just a way to get a bit more revenue from a good IP that doesn’t have anywhere else to go until the next gen is out.

I bet HZD 2 hits early into the PS5 release window, and if that has a PC release then I think all this trumpeting has merit.... but I don’t think Sony will follow that course.

Still kinda hard for me to imagine Sony letting their first-party titles come out on PC. Would be awesome, but not really sure it's possible. Would love to be wrong on that though.
EDIT: I mean second-party title, but what I really meant was Sony-owned IP.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back