Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered Launches for PS5 and PC on October 31 with 10+ Hours of Re-Recorded Conversation Mocap and Countless Graphical Improve...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered, a remastered version of the 2017 action RPG from Guerrilla Games that features several improvements over its original counterparts, including what is said to be over 10 hours of re-recorded conversation mocap and countless graphical improvements that bring the game closer in line to Horizon Forbidden West, is coming to PS5 and PC on October 31, 2024, developers Guerrilla Games and Nixxes Software have announced.

See full article...

A giant waste of money. The game was already modern enough, there was absolutely no need for a remaster.
Please don't support this, let's not make this standard practice like micro transactions and day 0 DLCs.

Whoa, thats kinda cool, I loved the game, I kinda wanna replay it now to see the differences.
You won't see the difference if a long enough time has passed since you played the original version. Your brain will tell you it looks exactly the same as you remember. This is why remasters are a waste of everyone's time and money. Devs either need to commit to a full remake or stop touching existing games and work on something new instead.

Of course if you play the original back to back with the new you will see the difference but what's the point of playing the old version just so you can see the new one as better?

I love it when games are remastered, it brings new life to it and allows some great replay value. I love to see old games, with better and newer graphics, or better-looking textures, as well as new features that weren't around when they were first launched. It's the same principle as modding a game for better graphics and textures. It brings new life to an older game, and there's nothing wrong with that. I absolutely support it.

Last edited:
It might be an incentive for replaying, but I don't see how it adds replay value it being the same game with the same story. Unless I already want to replay the game, then a remaster is good to have. But even so, every single remaster I played was underwhelming, it didn't add enough to the game(s) to be worth playing on their own merit, including the Mass Effect Legendary edition.

I'll wait on the reviews for this but at $10 it's not the worst amount of money for a remaster since I do have the complete edition but would've been nicer if it was free. I usually like remasters as well but it does depend on how much is actually done to a game. Given my obsession with image quality, high-end displays, and GPUs, I can normally tell the differences.

I do agree that not all remasters are worthy but this one has potential since I was able to tell some differences when I played Forbidden West, which I only just finished last month. This could be fun for the winter since I'm going to hold out on Ragnarok for now and not much else is on my radar. Add in that I've been in more of a replay mood lately and this has a decent chance. Meanwhile also looking forward to The Thing remastered which should hopefully arrive before the holidays.

I love it when games are remastered, it brings new life to it and allows some great replay value. I love to see old games, with better and newer graphics, or better-looking textures, as well as new features that weren't around when they were first launched. It's the same principle as modding a game for better graphics and textures. It brings new life to an older game, and there's nothing wrong with that. I absolutely support it.
I mostly stopped caring for modding around the Q3/UT/Half-life era other then for some MMO's, getting slightly better textures on the same old models/environements does usually not much for my enjoyement and new models are usually waaay out of their skillset.

I had some fun with the RTX version of Q2 but the basic models and geometry also held that back quit a bit

Not sure this remaster is that much of an improvement, maybe they should have waited for the PS6 launch, I hope they did not ruin Alloy's looks again.

since I'm going to hold out on Ragnarok for now
I was dissapointed by Ragnarok, found the previous one a lot better, and while it could be due to my failing eyes, but I had a lot of issues finding parts of the side puzzles (like where you need to hit 3 things, I usually only found 2 and had to look online fo rthe lasst part)

I'm fine with this - it's not like you have to re-purchase it if you just want to play the original edition. And it gives the developer a chance to net a few more sales. Sure, some of those are to people who already had the original (and yeah, it probably would sell more to these people if they just had an inexpensive (or free!) upgrade) -- but a lot of it will be people who are playing for the first time.

but a lot of it will be people who are playing for the first time.
I doubt that, it was available for the PS4, then the complete edition for PS4 Pro, then it got a PC release, anyone who wanted to play it most likely did so already.

I doubt that, it was available for the PS4, then the complete edition for PS4 Pro, then it got a PC release, anyone who wanted to play it most likely did so already.
Just because it's been out for a while doesn't mean there aren't still people who haven't played it. Take my son, who was like... 7 when it first released. He's seen the sequel, but never played the original.

He's hardly the only one I can think of like that.

Shoot, there are tons of games out where I didn't get to them until I see the remaster float around and remember - oh yeah that game exists.

Become a Patron!
Back