Hugh Jackman to Reprise Wolverine Role in Deadpool 3 for Marvel Studios, Coming September 2024

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Hugh Jackman will return as Wolverine for Disney and Marvel Studios' Deadpool 3.

Go to post

Reynolds/Jackman "rickroll" video got me ;) :LOL: :p

Yea that was pretty good. Though Jackman is looking his age more he's still in great shape.

I thought Jackman was a great Wolverine.

But have to admit, I have mixed feelings about him coming back to the role. Mostly just because if they do reboot X-Men and someone else has to play that role long term, it's gonna make it that much harder to see anyone else in that role.

I mean, to replace Patrick Stewart as Prof X the series has to go back in time to recast a much younger dude - that's how perfect Stewart was for that role. Jackman is the same way.

I thought Jackman was a great Wolverine.

But have to admit, I have mixed feelings about him coming back to the role. Mostly just because if they do reboot X-Men and someone else has to play that role long term, it's gonna make it that much harder to see anyone else in that role.

I mean, to replace Patrick Stewart as Prof X the series has to go back in time to recast a much younger dude - that's how perfect Stewart was for that role. Jackman is the same way.
We have the multiverse now, so anyone can play Wolverine.

Also, AFIAK James Mcavoy said he was still open to reprise his role as Prof X.

Last edited:
Yeah.

Not really into that deus ex machina though.
I would say then don't watch comic book movies. They will start leaning on this heavily to give directors and writers the ability to tell their own stories with the known characters.

I would say then don't watch comic book movies. They will start leaning on this heavily to give directors and writers the ability to tell their own stories with the known characters.
That is strongly the direction I am leaning lately.

I'm perfectly fine with reboots, but multiverse is ... bleh.

I mean if deadpool 2 was good then I'd be excited, but it wasn't. As good as Deadpool1 was the second failed to build on it in any way, it was re-using the same gimmicks and jokes, with nothing to add.

They must have paid him a fortune to get him to do this.

Become a Patron!
Back