I never thought I'd live to see the day...

Stoly

FPS Regular
I finally installed my RTX3070Ti.

Sorry no more pics but I got pretty busy moving everything to a new case and installing the card.

Stupid me thought everything would run on first try, but hey it worked on 2nd try. Haven't closed the case yet, "just in case" :p :p

Tnx David_Schroth, me and my kid are enjoying it a lot.

1660618016440.png
1660618027965.png

Attachments

• 1660617828863.png
    1660617828863.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 1660617852048.png
    1660617852048.png
    580.2 KB · Views: 1
It seems like a good time to do an OS reinstall, should I go windows 11 or should I stay with windows 10?

It seems like a good time to do an OS reinstall, should I go windows 11 or should I stay with windows 10?
Unless you have an Raptor Lake, for the love of all things holy, stay with Win10. Win11 has nothing new but heartache and woe.

Unless you have an Raptor Lake, for the love of all things holy, stay with Win10. Win11 has nothing new but heartache and woe.
I have very little experience with windows 11 and by that I mean troubleshoothing a few things for clients. Haven't seen anything interesting about it and my previous setup was not Windows 11 compatible.

I'm not sure I want to use it on my main PC at least for now.

I run windows 11 pro without issue. License was 37 bucks if I remember correctly.

I run windows 11 pro without issue. License was 37 bucks if I remember correctly.
I don't have any technical issues with Win11.

It does utterly wreck the interface - the Start menu is trashed, the taskbar is worse, the control panels/settings are a mess, contextual menus utterly ruined.

And for what? It has Raptor Lake optimizations and ... DirectStorage, eventually? I can't really think of anything else Win11 does that Win10 doesn't, other than wreck the interface.

I don't have any technical issues with Win11.

It does utterly wreck the interface - the Start menu is trashed, the taskbar is worse, the control panels/settings are a mess, contextual menus utterly ruined.

And for what? It has Raptor Lake optimizations and ... DirectStorage, eventually? I can't really think of anything else Win11 does that Win10 doesn't, other than wreck the interface.
I guess I'll hold to windows 10 for a bit longer then.

I installed it on a VM to play with. Other than making my PC sort of look like a Mac and other menu wackiness, I don't see the benefit.

Guys at work seem to like it but I think they would have benefited the same from a clean/fresh reinstall of W10.

I am going to try to hold out..... I am not a big fan of upgrading things just for the sake of newness.

If you must have it, I read any windows 7 or higher key will transfer up to 11 fine. So no need to buy new keys at least.

Become a Patron!
Back