Insurmountable and XCOM 2 Are Currently Free on the Epic Games Store

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
PC gamers can currently treat themselves to free copies of Insurmountable and XCOM 2 via the Epic Games Store. The first is a mountain-climbing survival title with procedurally generated environments by ByteRockers' Games, while the latter probably doesn't need any real introduction, being the sequel to 2K and Firaxis' critically acclaimed strategy game centered around alien shenanigans, XCOM.

Go to post

XCOM 2 is great and is a must play if you like turn based alien blasting games. I bought it at launch. Too bad it's not the one with all the DLC though.... be warned it can be a tough game. There are certainly levels that required many runs for me to pass.

Just remember... ALWAYS OVERWATCH

XCOM 2 is great and is a must play if you like turn based alien blasting games. I bought it at launch. Too bad it's not the one with all the DLC though.... be warned it can be a tough game. There are certainly levels that required many runs for me to pass.

Just remember... ALWAYS OVERWATCH

The difficulty is why I have not started the game yet, I would love to play trough the game, but I have enough games that are a huge time sink as is and I don't realy need another one, especially if it is due to the game beeing hard for the sake of beeing hard.

The difficulty is why I have not started the game yet, I would love to play trough the game, but I have enough games that are a huge time sink as is and I don't realy need another one, especially if it is due to the game beeing hard for the sake of beeing hard.
Actually it's pretty time friendly because it's all broken up into individual missions... so you could just do 1 or 2 and resume some other day and pick right back up. The missions vary in length but I don't think any of them take more than an hour (maybe the final ones, can't exactly recall)

It’s honestly not that hard if turn based strategy games are your Thing. Once I understood the game mechanics, I beat the game on legend difficulty with iron man enabled. Chosen sniper rifle with Icarus armor is amazing.

Become a Patron!
Back