Intel Announces Arc Pro A60 and A60M GPUs with Twice the Memory Bandwidth and Ray Tracing Units

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel's family of Arc Pro A-series professional GPUs is expanding today with the introduction of the Arc Pro A60 and Arc Pro A60M. Featuring up to 12 GB of VRAM and support for four displays with HDR and Dolby Vision support, the Arc Pro A60 will be available from Intel's authorized distributors in the coming weeks, while the Arc Pro A60M, for mobile systems, will be available from OEM partners in the coming months. Intel has also announced that additional workstation designs with the Arc Pro A40 are now available from HP, with Dell and Lenovo options coming later in Q3 2023.

See full article...

Nice to see some improvements. Next a whole new gen on top of a refresh.

Interesting.

I have for some time considered moving to a two machine setup. Keeping my expensive Threadripper (which I mostly have for its large number of PCIe lanes) for work and daily driver functions, and shifting to a cheaper (or at least cheaper to keep up to date with the latest cores) consumer board/CPU for my games.

If I do, I would of course move the 4090 to the game machine, so the question is what would I stick in the Threadripper for video output.

I wouldn't really need anything crazy rendering wise, I don't do that kind of work. I'm thinking something lightweight and quiet using little power. I'd still need support for at least three monitors though.

I've considered Nvidias A2000 (appealing because I have had good luck with Nvidia GPU's) the Radeon Pro W6600 (I would have preferred the W6400, but it only supports two screens). Maybe one of these Intel cards will do the trick too.

Or maybe I should just give up on "pro" models and just get some cheap consumer card.

My priorities are 3+ screens (one of which has to be able to be 4k) low power and practically silent at regular desktop loads (or at least with water blocks available)

The Arc Pro A40 seems like a reasonable choice for that...

Become a Patron!
Back