Intel Arc ... I hope you aren't holding your breath

Brian_B

FPS Enthusiast

One interesting take away is this is written from the desk of Lisa Pearce, Vice President and General Manager for the Visual Compute Group and not Raja M. Koduri, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics (AXG) Group.

Key excerpts (these are direct quotes):

We will release our entry-level Intel Arc A-series products for desktops (A3) first in China through system builders and OEMs in Q2.

Roll-out of Intel Arc A5 and A7 desktop cards will start worldwide with OEMs and system integrators later this summer

Sounds good to me?

I'm down with picking up a low-end unit for a Plex server... should hold over for about a decade

Ended up getting a 3050 for my back up PC instead. Was waiting to try one of these, but they seem to be pushed off every time I see any mention of them.

Yeah, this isn't good news if you were wanting Intel to be real alternative.

The low end cards are being geographically locked to China, which maybe isn't a bad thing - they don't look like they will be much better than what you can get in an APU.

The rest of the cards are only to be sold in pre-built systems from integrators, at least at first. Just a vague statement about "component sales" after that.

So again, Intel will meet their deadline, but only via technicalities. Still little concrete word on when you'd be able to buy one for your own personal build.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back