Intel Core i5-12600K DDR4 Alder Lake CPU Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
12600k_banner-1024x256.png

Introduction

Intel has launched its 12th Generation Intel Core Processors also known as Alder Lake-S (or S-spec) CPUs as of October 27th, 2021.  This is a big launch for Intel, as it has not only re-designed the architecture, not only produced it on a better process node finally but also completely re-invented how we think about desktop CPUs. 

Often called a “big little” architecture, Intel has brought a hybrid CPU approach to the desktop PC by way of a CPU that has both high-performance “P-cores” and efficiency “E-cores” instead of just one type of core.  There are actually two different types of cores in play here to carry out different workloads.  However, don’t let the word “efficiency” fool you, these are not your typical...

Continue reading...

Good review. Have to say I was surprised at the results. Nice to see Intel back in the hunt, and that power draw wasn’t off the charts

Would love to see a short follow on that pits Pcores vs Ecores just out of curiousity.

Thanks for the review @Brent_Justice. I really enjoyed the informative breakdown of what Alder Lake, E core, P core is along with the heads up about the AMD updates. I also enjoyed seeing Intel coming back swinging with an impressively efficient processor than perform well with a multitude of workloads.

edit: Also loved the use of arrows in the review pic to indicate the DDR4 detail. At first I was like, what?, huh?, oh I get it.

I admit a follow up with various Intel specific features turned on to see what further gains could be had would be nice as well.

Nicely done on the review.

I wonder. Will Intel have an advantage in place if running an Intel processor with an Intel Arc?

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back