Intel Core i9-10900K Specifications Leaked: 10 Cores at 3.7 GHz (5.2 GHz Boost), 125 W TDP

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
VideoCardz and Informatica Cero have shared a few slides that detail the specifications of Intel's 10th Generation (Comet Lake-S) CPU stack.

The top performer is the Intel Core i9-10900K. This is a 10C/20T chip with a 3.7 GHz base clock and 5.2 GHz boost clock. The TDP is 125 W. There's a new feature called "Velocity Boost" that can take this SKU (and the non-K variant) to 5.3 GHz.

Intel's Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 is also exclusive to the i9-10900 and i7-10700. The feature will allow these chips to hit 5.1 and 4.8 GHz, respectively.

According to a footnote in previously leaked slides, the K series' 125 W TDP can be “can be configured to 95W at lower frequency."

This enigmatic footnote does not say what is the actual difference in clock speeds, but one could guess that it will be noticeable compared to 65W series already confirmed to be reaching 5.1 GHz in Max Turbo mode.

Why do I get the feeling that a year after this chip comes out some researcher will reveal to the world that he's found a veritable **** ton of exploits in this chip?

Why do I get the feeling that a year after this chip comes out some researcher will reveal to the world that he's found a veritable **** ton of exploits in this chip?

It comes preloaded with plenty of exploits. It's another Skylake refresh.

Become a Patron!
Back