Intel Details New Blockscale ASIC for Energy-Efficient Blockchain Hashing

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel has officially launched its new Blockscale ASIC, an initial step toward the company's commitment in developing new accelerators that require less energy. The Blockscale ASIC features a 26 J/TH power efficiency, according to an early list of specifications shared by Intel, which can also reveal that the unit features up to a 580 GH/s hash rate and dedicated SHA-256 processor.

Go to post

So one of you miners... what does this mean to you? I look at this and hope that they will be widely available for all that want them and process so much faster than video cards of even the next generation that the difficulty of mining block chain will become such that the video cards hold next to no value for miners.

I think this mostly only applies to Bitcoin, and that has been more or less taken over by big industrial mining and hasn't been performed on consumer level parts for many years due to lack of efficiency / competitiveness. So I don't think this affects the folks doing Etherium or other oddcoins out of their garages, and won't have any effect on our GPU / computer parts situation in consumer spaces.

Become a Patron!
Back