Intel Launches 12th Gen Core i9-12900KS, “World’s Fastest Desktop Processor,” for $739

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel has launched its latest flagship Alder Lake-S CPU, the Core i9-12900KS. Dubbed by the company as the "world's fastest desktop processor," the Core i9-12900KS is a 16-core (eight P-cores, eight E-cores), 24-thread chip that's notable for being able to hit 5.5 GHz on up to two cores right out of the box. It will be available beginning on April 5 for $739, a $150 premium over the Core i9-12900K.

Go to post

For those of us who haven't been paying attention ... what's the extra $150 get you? Feel free to show disdain for the diminutive returns.

For those of us who haven't been paying attention ... what's the extra $150 get you? Feel free to show disdain for the diminutive returns.
300Mhz on single-core boost peaks, assuming you can keep it cool enough.

And what will it take to do that? 800mm rad?
Do you remember the swimming pool cooling loops people use to do back in the day? That is what.

Or, the return of TEC's. God, I still remember having to run a TEC on my old P4 EE 3.2ghz ES processor just to tame it into not overheating and baking itself. 17-18 years and we come back full circle.

Become a Patron!
Back