Intel Launches 13th Gen Intel Core “Raptor Lake” Processors, including Core i9-13900K with Clock Speeds of Up to 5.8 GHz for $589

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel announced its 13th Gen Intel Core "Raptor Lake" processors during today's Intel Innovation event.

Go to post

Not gonna lie. For that price point, it's not half bad. I hear the 7950x could be around $699 by comparison.

I didn’t catch it - when are these and the AMDs supposed to be available?

I didn’t catch it - when are these and the AMDs supposed to be available?
FTA ... "13th Gen Intel Core desktop “K” processors and the Intel Z790 chipset will be available starting Oct. 20, 2022."

FTA ... "13th Gen Intel Core desktop “K” processors and the Intel Z790 chipset will be available starting Oct. 20, 2022."
Yea they are clearly announcing because AMD launched. AND they are in stock (AMD) at my local Microcenter. Impressive. Of course a new CPU and Motherboard is already 1k so... that might be an impediment to sales. lol.

Anyone know offhand if the onboard graphics (Intel and AMD) can handle more than one monitor (office use only)?

My gut, tells me to wait for Meteor buuuuut... my itch says: "LET'S GO!"
I'm in the same boat. I'll wait for reviews, but it does look promising. As far as Z790 goes though, it looks like sticking to Z690 is the way to go.

Anyone know offhand if the onboard graphics (Intel and AMD) can handle more than one monitor (office use only)?
I know Intel has been able to but can't verify anything beyond a 10600(might be 10500 -I'm not there right now and can't remember). I got us Dells with those CPUs about 2 years ago and I've got 2 displays connected to it (1x 1080p via DP and 1x 1920x1200 via VGA). I only use them for web/office items and it's been fine. I don't know about AMD though, I've yet to be able to use one with an integrated solution at work.

Bigger concern - whether the motherboard actually has two video outputs, and they're outputs you can use (DP or HDMI) with your 'office' monitors. The 12700k I have currently in my desktop is on a board that has only one video output - and it's USB-C, supporting DP only. Had to get a cable to use it, but it is pushing a 4k60 monitor no problem.

Bigger concern - whether the motherboard actually has two video outputs, and they're outputs you can use (DP or HDMI) with your 'office' monitors. The 12700k I have currently in my desktop is on a board that has only one video output - and it's USB-C, supporting DP only. Had to get a cable to use it, but it is pushing a 4k60 monitor no problem.
Yep, when I ordered our Dells I specified DP, HDMI, and VGA, just to cover all the bases since we've got a variety of displays on hand and trying to plan for the future.

Become a Patron!
Back