Intel Launches Mitigation Driver for Random Connection Drop Issue Affecting 700 Series Motherboards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel Z790 motherboard owners have been complaining about their internet connections randomly dropping out over the last few months because of an issue relating to their Ethernet controllers, but a solution is now here—kind of. As explained in a post that MSI shared today on its official subreddit, Intel has released a new mitigation driver that addresses the problem with its I226/I225 Ethernet controllers by disabling Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) at 1 Gbps and 2.5 Gbps, although this is merely a workaround, as Intel is still trying to figure out the root cause behind the issue. MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI owners should find the new drivers on the motherboard's support page, according to MSI.

See full article...

I have an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME and I've had the same problem with it's i225v. I do not have that problem with it's other NIC.

They thought they'd fixed it as of i225v rev. 3 - guess there's more work to be done.

Become a Patron!
Back