Intel Launching Z490 Chipset, 10th Gen Comet Lake-S CPUs (Up to 10 Cores) in April 2020?

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
According to a report from HKPEC, Intel will attempt to fend off AMD's advance with its 10th Gen Comet Lake-S CPUs and Z490 motherboards next spring. Headlining the 16-chip family is the 10C/20T Core i9-10900, which offers a base clock of 3.0 GHz and boost clock of 5.1 GHz (20 MB cache, 80 W TDP). The Z490 chipset flaunts up to 24 PCIe 3.0 lanes.

It is now confirmed that Intel is indeed moving to a new socket with their 400-series boards that will be introduced next year too. While the LGA 1200 socket has the same dimensions as the LGA 1151 socket (37.5mm x 37.5mm), the socket keying has shifted to the left side and Comet Lake is no longer electrically or mechanically compatible with Coffee Lake motherboards.

A new chipset again for 14++++++++? Still pcie3. Guess it'll launch April 1st 2020 cause it's a joke.

So this is all the garbage and non progress Intel had in the pipeline. So much for being so large and having secret tech in closets... Never mind that has never happened in the history of ever. 2021 2022 the year of Intel? Would it be neck to neck forever now?. Its obvious its not impossible to keep up or even beat bigger opponents, you just have to be relentless not matter if you are ahead. Progress for progress sake.
Intel didn't just get lazy, hubris got them good too. Greed and hubris together, the downfall of so so many... That and they are probably pissing on their employees ...

This is the new Intel, until they have another Core-level breakout.

So this is all the garbage and non progress Intel had in the pipeline. So much for being so large and having secret tech in closets... Never mind that has never happened in the history of ever. 2021 2022 the year of Intel? Would it be neck to neck forever now?. Its obvious its not impossible to keep up or even beat bigger opponents, you just have to be relentless not matter if you are ahead. Progress for progress sake.
Intel didn't just get lazy, hubris got them good too. Greed and hubris together, the downfall of so so many... That and they are probably pissing on their employees ...

Intel probably has been working on designs utilizing better processes, but until it can get off 14nm, you'll never see them. Intel is just treading water right now because that's all it can do.

I want to see Intel getting owned by AMD for the next 5 years. Minimum. It's the least they deserve for their lack of innovation and price manipulation.

I want to see Intel getting owned by AMD for the next 5 years. Minimum. It's the least they deserve for their lack of innovation and price manipulation.

The way I see it, we have another three years of Intel getting owned. I don't know about five, but three seems unavoidable.

Reactions: _k_
Become a Patron!
Back