Intel Releasing Discrete 10 Nm GPU by Mid-2020, 7 Nm GPU by 2021

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel's first discrete GPU could be here sooner than you think. According to DIGITIMES, industry sources have already placed their bets on 10 nm Xe-based discrete graphic cards launching in 2020. These will be trailed by 7 nm GPUs in 2021, packaged using Foveros 3D technology.

Instead of purely targeting the gaming market, Intel is set to combine the new GPUs with its CPUs to create a competitive platform in a bid to pursuit business opportunities from datacenter, AI and machine learning applications and such a move is expected to directly affect Nvidia, which has been pushing its AI GPU platform in the datacenter market, the sources noted.

I should probably sell my RX 5700XT now while it still has some value so I can get one of these at launch! 🏁

.. Industry buzz suggests that these new Intel video cards will directly compete with the Matrox ALT-256 ..

...we can only hope

Yep, unless they're underselling these with the 'leaks' .. its looking like a low end product. A product that will be displaced by APUs in short order.

Yep, unless they're underselling these with the 'leaks' .. its looking like a low end product. A product that will be displaced by APUs in short order.

The rumors I had heard a while back was that they would be mid range products, but who knows.

I should probably sell my RX 5700XT now while it still has some value so I can get one of these at launch! 🏁

.. Industry buzz suggests that these new Intel video cards will directly compete with the Matrox ALT-256 ..

...we can only hope

LOL

1571326835012.png

I honestly still can't figure out why they are even breaking into the Discrete card market.

It makes sense for them to continue pushing integrated graphics. They've done that for years, and AMD has never really been able to gain a lot of traction with their APUs in the mobile market. But that may be changing....

But discrete, with a low-tiered product aimed at mass production where there is very stiff competition... I don't know.

I honestly still can't figure out why they are even breaking into the Discrete card market.

It makes sense for them to continue pushing integrated graphics. They've done that for years, and AMD has never really been able to gain a lot of traction with their APUs in the mobile market. But that may be changing....

But discrete, with a low-tiered product aimed at mass production where there is very stiff competition... I don't know.

So that OEM's can one-stop-shop for CPU's and GPU's in bulk. I doubt these GPU's will be popular outside of pre-built systems from the likes of Dell, HP, etc.

Become a Patron!
Back