Intel Reportedly Delays 10th Gen Core X Series, Placing It Directly Against Threadripper 3000

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
VideoCardz had reported that Intel would be launching its Cascade Lake-X parts next week, but those plans may have changed. According to a new report from the Asian trade, Intel has delayed its new Core X parts to November 25. AMD is supposedly launching its new Threadripper 3000 products around November 19, which could pose a problem to Intel (18 core vs. 24 core).

Intel without a doubt is still waiting for AMD to release first Threadripper 3000 information. It is expected that AMD will make public announcement on November 5th. AMD already announced a new “Meet the Experts” webinar dedicated to “the Future of High-End Desktop” for November 6th, which furthers reassures our claim.

Yeah that just sounds like a really bad strategy on Intel's part.

I'm not sure there really is a "great" strategy for Intel, other than to keep on repeating "IPC Is better than core count" over and over and as loudly as they can... maybe go back to that Authentic Intel thing they had (which doesn't come outright and say it, but paints AMD as a knockoff brand), and get the Blue Man Group back to do that Do-do-DO thing...

what are they gonna wait on? .. pricing? .. they are already made so however it performs, waiting isn't going to make them run faster .. :unsure:

My guess is they know they already have a turd. So instead of getting shellacked for the next month they're going to release it after TR3000 in hopes that it fades in to obscurity.

Maybe they're anticipating AMD shortages and will come swoop in after TR launches and offer their HEDT at aggressive pricing.

Of course they are. Intel is in a position where they have to react to amd. They are choosi gtbis path due to lack of confidence because amd has beaten them the past few generations. (tr 1 and 2)

My guess is they know they already have a turd. So instead of getting shellacked for the next month they're going to release it after TR3000 in hopes that it fades in to obscurity.

I almost agree. I think Intel is thinking if they can time their release to coincide, they will steal some thunder from AMD and get some free press from the reviewers at the same time. Their product won't win head to head, and they know it, but anything to take some of the spotlight off of AMD, and throw as much FUD in there as they possibly can. Please look forward to any and all single threaded 640x480 high FPS gaming benchmarks that show Intel the clear leader in gaming.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's the kind of press they are looking for, but who knows, maybe they have bought and/or paid off enough hardware reviewers by now to make up for inferior hardware.

Become a Patron!
Back