James Mangold Explains Why Indiana Jones Is Still Fighting Nazis in Dial of Destiny: “It’s Just Relevant Even to Our World Today”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Lucasfilm released a new trailer for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny last week that can confirm Harrison Ford, who turns 81 in July, will be fighting Nazis once again as the titular archaeologist, and now, director James Mangold has revealed why. In a new interview with IGN, Mangold explained that Nazis are tied closely to the franchise, and while they've already been used in what many moviegoers have said are the best Indiana Jones films ever made—1981's Raiders of the Lost Ark and 1989's Last Crusade—the director stated that the group, and groups like them, sill exist in various forms, making them "both familiar and relevant." Mangold goes on to suggest that he didn't agree to direct Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny strictly for the money.

See full article...

I have not seen a nazi in over 20 years, and even then it was just the one. How is this relevant again?

Oh of course, the woke perspective: Everybody who doesn't agree with me 100% on all political issues is a nazi!

I'm sorry... I'm gonna watch and LOVE SIFU coming out soon and it's about a man that's good at killing natzi's. So IDGAF more movies about defeating Natzi's and I'm all in.

People are still concerned about Nazis? Hydra are the ones we should really be concerned about!
Hydra_Logo.png
Cut off one head, and two more shall take its place!

Become a Patron!
Back