Kevin Conroy Dies: Voice of Batman Was 66

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Kevin Conroy, the voice actor who's best known for providing what has been described by many fans as the definitive voice of Batman, has died at the age of 66.

See full article...

He will always be Batman/Bruce Wayne for me. Yes, I grew up with Adam West, like so many of us, and watched all the rest, but for me, he was the definitive voice. I still remember, but can't find, a fan film from the late 90s or early 2000s that spoofed an identity crisis for him. It was something in the vein of a day in the life of Kevin Conroy and began with him getting out of bed and speaking with the Bruce Wayne voice, sitting down in the kitchen and then using a batterang to open the fridge and then various other bat-gadgets to get breakfast. RIP sir and you will be missed.

He will always be Batman/Bruce Wayne for me. Yes, I grew up with Adam West, like so many of us, and watched all the rest, but for me, he was the definitive voice. I still remember, but can't find, a fan film from the late 90s or early 2000s that spoofed an identity crisis for him. It was something in the vein of a day in the life of Kevin Conroy and began with him getting out of bed and speaking with the Bruce Wayne voice, sitting down in the kitchen and then using a batterang to open the fridge and then various other bat-gadgets to get breakfast. RIP sir and you will be missed.
I tried to find the video some to no avail.

I tried to find the video some to no avail.
Yeah, I've been looking for years. I first saw the clip during some kind of newscast back in the day. I remember laughing my butt off since it was around the time that Justice League had begun.

From the Empire State Building.

Here are some tweets from some of his castmates.

Tara Strong (Barbara Gordon/Batgirl)

Grey Delisle (Selena Kyle/Catwoman)

Susan Eisenberg (Diana/Wonderwoman)

Clancy Brown (Mr. Freeze, Lex Luthor)

and the man himself.

https://twitter.com/DC_Animated/status/1591114695695814657

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1591166716201295872

In honor, we watched the Beware The Grey Ghost episode as it's always been one of my favorites. I had totally forgotten that Adam West voiced the Grey Ghost.

Become a Patron!
Back