Legendary Acquires Film and TV Rights to Street Fighter

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
"I'm going to kick that son-of-a-bitch Bison's *** so hard…that the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it!" This is probably the exact moment where moviegoers vowed never to watch a live-action Street Fighter movie again, but it looks like another one could finally be happening, as Legendary has acquired the film and TV rights to Capcom's leading fighting game franchise. According to sources with Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter, the studio is planning to work closely with Capcom on future projects, and while it's unclear whether anything is in development right now, critics say that it shouldn't be too hard to produce something that's better than the 1994 feature with Jean-Claude Van Damme (Guile) and Raul Julia (Bison), which has been ridiculed over the years for quirks that include Bison Dollars and a ridiculous-looking Blanka. Van Damme confessed in 2012 that he slept with Kylie Minogue (Cammy) while he was in Thailand shooting Street Fighter, describing it as "beautiful lovemaking."

See full article...

Well... I can't blame Jeaun Claude. I mean why not. What strait teen didn't fantasize about cammy and her ponytails.... Hummm...

That horrible SF live-action movie scarred me as a child, but as an adult I can appreciate just how terrible it is. It's an enjoyable movie for that alone, and brings plenty of laughs. Who can forget Zangief's "change the channel!"
What strait teen didn't fantasize about cammy and her ponytails.... Hummm...
Kylie Minogue, yyyeeeaaahhh...
Oh sh1t, Van Damme got to hit that?! Well props to him then.

Become a Patron!
Back