LG Adds Support for Apple to Its webOS Hub by Adding Apple TV, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Owners of LG televisions with at least webOS version 2.0 can now stream music and Apple TV via webOS or from their iPhones, and use Apple's HomeKit framework to configure and control compatible smart home appliances and devices. LG has said that the new features will be available in over 100 countries around the world through 200 LG brand partners.

See full article...

Seems a bad move to exclude any streaming services on your platform. Especially one so loved.

Seems a bad move to exclude any streaming services on your platform. Especially one so loved.
They get wrapped up in exclusivity deals - just like console games. And there's also a matter of having the right hardware to be able to support the platform.

That said, I have no idea what models have webOS 2.0 - LG is not very transparent about that.

That said, I have no idea what models have webOS 2.0 - LG is not very transparent about that.
I'm not sure either but I think almost everything from around the launch of the C9's onward. It looks like they started rolling it out around 2015 and allowed select 2014 models to upgrade.

Become a Patron!
Back