LIAN LI Launches V3000 PLUS Full Tower PC Case with Three Configurations, including Dual System Mode

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
LIAN LI has launched the V3000 PLUS, a modular full-tower PC case that can fit up to an EEB motherboard and ITX motherboard and be configured to three different modes.

See full article...

I like their fans, but their cases have never been my favorite. Back in the day they were all about being high end and people loved that about Lian Li, but now they pump out cases like crazy. All in all this case doesn't look bad.

I like their fans, but their cases have never been my favorite. Back in the day they were all about being high end and people loved that about Lian Li, but now they pump out cases like crazy. All in all this case doesn't look bad.
Yeah, I loved their all aluminum cases - didn't always like the designs, but the build quality was really nice. I still have a full sized on running in my office from back when I did custom water loops that's something like 15 years old now. For a long while, all I used were LL cases, they were always nice.

The last 2 LL's I've got though - aren't aluminum, and aren't any better than knockoff Newegg cases. Not "OMG gonna burn down the house" bad, but definitely not what I had come to expect from LL, and I could have just got a generic and got the same case and saved a few bucks.

Next build will probably look at something else.

Next build will probably look at something else.
I have as well. The 011 Dynamic "hot box" was the end for me with their cases. Not sure why that one became so popular, besides all the glass on the side and front. Their latest case (the 216 I believe) was reviewed by GN and it bowed at the top, which I found ridiculous.

The fans are alright - definitely going on looks more than performance - but their software is just bad.

They're not alone in that, not even close, but man, we need better. I'd much prefer fan control as well as RGB control be an open thing.

Their cases are... good. Usually a good value too, and they compete well with the likes of NZXT, Corsair, Fractal Design, and so on. Plenty like this V3000 PLUS that do interesting things that may or may not be useful for most.

The appealing part of the o11 dynamic was the side exhaust. Using the floor for an intake isn’t so awesome though.

The fans are alright - definitely going on looks more than performance - but their software is just bad.
I mainly use their fans due to the daisy chain wiring being way more manageable. I like the Corsair fans, but not their mess of wires that come with them. I haven't had too many complaints about Lian Li's software, and compared to others it isn't always as problematic. Not perfect by any means though.
When I had some pads come unglued on a set of AL120 fans Lian Li was quick to send out replacements though in the wrong color. I replied to them that I would just use the ones sent anyway, but they sent out another set of correct fans due to their error free of charge for all.

The appealing part of the o11 dynamic was the side exhaust. Using the floor for an intake isn’t so awesome though.
Shoot, I have side and bottom intakes, with top and rear exhaust... side and bottom have 360mm rads. Works pretty well and I've considered adding a top rad at some point.

I mainly use their fans due to the daisy chain wiring being way more manageable.
This is why I had to try them, and while I love that part of the idea, I'd prefer to have a hardware controller that could:
  • remember its settings - current controllers need the software running
  • be able to run without the controller hooked up to USB, and instead just as a PWM / RGB hub for the fans
  • be able to be controlled by other software (OpenRGB, Signal RGB)
CoolerMaster, for example, has an RGB hub that allows you to control separate RGB channels using their software as well as others (Signal RGB at least). But the big point is the first one to me.

As to the issues I've faced, I found that the Lian Li software would cause my mouse cursor to 'jump' at a fairly regular interval, and the need to have GPU-Z running in the background as part of the app is also infuriating.

No mention if it is aluminum or not. Lan like was king for light weight cases for a long time.

No mention if it is aluminum or not. Lan like was king for light weight cases for a long time.
I'm not sure if aluminum makes much sense, really. More expensive, weaker, doesn't inhibit EMI... and well, most of the weight is still coming from the parts inside. Some entry level ATX cases, with steel construction and a glass side panel, are immaterially heavier than the aluminum Lian Li cases of old when empty, and likely a rounding error away when loaded up.

Become a Patron!
Back