Logitech Enables 25,600 DPI Setting for Select Gaming Mice

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
logitech-g502-lightspeed-wireless-gaming-mouse-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Logitech

Oh, is 3,200 or 6,400 DPI not fast enough for you? Logitech has released a new G HUB update (2020.8.5950) that enables 25,600 DPI speeds for select high-performance gaming mice, such as the G502 LIGHTSPEED (a wireless version of the beloved classic). All of these mice utilize the company’s HERO sensor, which were previously limited to 16,000 DPI.

We’re not sure if the increased DPI is overkill or not, but it’s certainly given Logitech’s marketing department a lot to talk about. “At 25,600 DPI, the HERO 25K sensor is the world’s first sub-micron level mouse sensor,” the company wrote in a recent blog post. “While sub-micron is...

Continue reading...

Too bad the current G-Hub software is crap. I lose most of the functionality of my G933 heatset when using it. I'll pass.

Who, the F***, games at those DPI levels? Or, really, does anything at those DPI levels?

At 25,000 DPI you can do a 360 in game by moving the mouse 1/4".

Who, the F***, games at those DPI levels? Or, really, does anything at those DPI levels?

Its the tracking ability, better with problem surfaces.
Even when you dont select high DPI, it still tracks better.

Lol big fan of Logitech mice but not sure why this is a benefit. I set my DPI to 400 lol.... Yeah I know it's not so much something you're gonna use as it is an indication of the sensor's ability but I'm not sure it's proving anything at this point. The Hero sensor is already surgical and nearly perfect.

When a product has a free "upgrade" it is usually done in order to inspire more brand loyalty.

I game at 12,000 DPI with low sensitivity. The tracking at that DPI is amazing. Also, remember that at higher resolutions the more DPI you need for the same sensitivity. I game at UHD 4K resolution. The usual 800 DPI most people seem to use is molasses at that resolution.

I game at 12,000 DPI with low sensitivity. The tracking at that DPI is amazing. Also, remember that at higher resolutions the more DPI you need for the same sensitivity. I game at UHD 4K resolution. The usual 800 DPI most people seem to use is molasses at that resolution.

I haven't found, what you describe, to be the case at all. I frequently switch between 1080 and 1440 on games like PUBG, GTAV and COD. Without adjusting in game sensitivity or my mouse DPI setting the controls remain the same regardless of screen resolution.

I haven't found, what you describe, to be the case at all. I frequently switch between 1080 and 1440 on games like PUBG, GTAV and COD. Without adjusting in game sensitivity or my mouse DPI setting the controls remain the same regardless of screen resolution.
This is a strange one.
On a previous mouse (cant remember which) I found as Armenius recounted.
But my current mouse (G502 Hero) is as you say.

This is a strange one.
On a previous mouse (cant remember which) I found as Armenius recounted.
But my current mouse (G502 Hero) is as you say.

I've not encountered it with a Logitech MX518, G500s, G502, Corsair M65 and Razer Death Adder.

Become a Patron!
Back