Lollipop Chainsaw Remake Set for Release in 2023

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Dragami Games and Grasshopper Manufacture have confirmed that they are developing a remake to Lollipop Chainsaw, the cult-classic hack-and-slash zombie game from the creative minds of Gouichi Suda (Suda51) and Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn.

Go to post

I heard neither Suda-51 nor James Gunn is involved with the remake, but the dev team consists of people who worked on the original game. I hope the remake has a better combat system. When the original game came out, I wished Platinum had made it. Now I wish they were the ones developing the remake. Well, I hope the remake turns out better than the original game. Original game wasn't bad, but the combat should have been fleshed out a lot more.

The original game had some funny moments, and was short and meant for replays, which I did a few times. The game wasn't as fun out the gate, you had to spend some time unlocking moves and abilities, then it got better. The game definitely didn't take itself seriously, and did not outstay its welcome. The game just needed better controls, combat, and higher framerate. Maybe some more missions and more playable characters. Maybe with the remake they can really flesh out the original concept's potential.

Become a Patron!
Back