Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Doubles the Map Size with Queens and Brooklyn: “Switch between Peter and Miles at Any Time Outside of Story Missions”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 will probably take longer to complete than the first game. In a new interview with Famitsu, Bryan Intihar, Creative Director at Insomniac Games, revealed that Queens and Brooklyn have been added to the PlayStation 5 sequel, resulting in a map that is roughly twice the size of the one that can be found in the original game, which limited Spider-Man largely to Manhattan. Intihar also clarified in a separate interview that players will be able to switch between Peter Parker and Miles Morales at any time outside of story missions, something that was teased in the gameplay video that Insomniac debuted during the PlayStation Showcase.

See full article...

Oh huh, switching between Peter and Miles on the fly like in GTA V when not in story missions? Interesting...

I didn't realize that the first game was mainly limited to Manhattan, even though I spent over 40 hours going through it. I don't live in NYC, I don't know NYC. For all I knew, it covered the entirety of NYC! Which had me wondering how they were gonna make the environment not feel stale in the sequel. Well now I know.

Anyways, I still need to play Miles Morales. Waiting for a good sale on PC. The only reason I got to play the Spider-Man Remastered on PC is cuz I received it as a berfday gift last year. Otherwise I'd still be waiting on a good sale for that one too. Cuz f*ck spending $60 on that game. I spent $20 to buy a physical PS4 copy for my brother for Christmas a few years ago, and that version included all the DLC. So get the f*ck outta here with that $60 price on PC, for an old game. From what I understand, Miles Morales is more like standalone DLC, so yeah gonna need the price to come way the f*ck down before I consider it.

There have been a few games that let you switch but are implemented in different ways. I think Unlimited and Web of Shadows did but it's been so long since I've played them that I can't remember. It took me a while to like Unlimited but eventually, it grew on me. WOS was just plain awesome and to me, it was way better than most of the movies, and hey, Tricia Helfer voicing Black Cat, well, 'nuff said there. The constant combat was a bit much but other than that I really liked it. I also liked all the guest cameos.

Yeah, most of the games only focus on Manhattan and only a small handful let you explore the whole island. Haven't tried MM either, also waiting for it to be on sale. Fairly confident I'll pick it up in the fall on some sale.

I'm looking forward to this game but probably won't hit PC until around 2025-2026.

Just remembered the one that had all the character switching but if I remember right you had to do it at the mission menu: Shattered Dimensions.

Mostly liked that game. Never finished it and don't remember why but I do remember enjoying the Noire and 2099 missions the most. I also liked how they kept Madame Web to her original story/version (she was great in the 90s cartoons as well) and I'm really not looking forward to her movie debut (haven't heard much but based on things I've heard about recent comic changes I doubt it'll be faithful to the original).

I kept saying I'll play the first game, but just never got around to it. Maybe if it goes dirt cheap after this games releases then I'll give it a go.

I kept saying I'll play the first game, but just never got around to it. Maybe if it goes dirt cheap after this games releases then I'll give it a go.
I really enjoyed it and looking forward to a replay down the road. It was one of the few games I've played in the last ten years where I did the whole grind the first time around since I felt that engaged with it. I'd have to check Steam but I think I put about 40+ into it. It didn't feel movie-epic-like but did feel like a good run of comic books which is equally nice and rare.

I liked the 1st game, but the timed side missions made me give up on a lot of the side stuff

I really enjoyed it and looking forward to a replay down the road. It was one of the few games I've played in the last ten years where I did the whole grind the first time around since I felt that engaged with it. I'd have to check Steam but I think I put about 40+ into it. It didn't feel movie-epic-like but did feel like a good run of comic books which is equally nice and rare.
Link to my thoughts when I finished the game last year: https://forums.thefpsreview.com/thr...48-9-for-triple-monitor-setups.9861/post-61188

I liked the 1st game, but the timed side missions made me give up on a lot of the side stuff
Yeah, the screwball one really got to me at the end. The others, I did ok and had to redo a few but it wasn't as bad as some in SM3.

Become a Patron!
Back