Mattel Releases First Images of Netflix’s Masters of the Universe Animated Series, Coming July 23

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
masters-of-the-universe-relevation-skeletor-energy-1024x576.jpg

Mattel Television has shared the first images for Netflix’s Masters of the Universe: Revelation, a direct continuation of the classic 1980s animated television series that traced the adventures of Prince Adam (He-Man) and his battles against the evil Skeletor, who seeks to take control of Castle Grayskull to rule the magical planet of Eternia. Premiering exclusively on Netflix on July 23, Masters of the Universe: Revelation will feature updated animation by Castlevania’s Powerhouse Animation and an all-star cast comprising the likes of Mark Hamill (Skeletor), Lena Headey (Evil-Lyn), Chris Wood (Prince Adam/He-Man), and Sarah Michelle Gellar (Teela). Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy) serves as showrunner and executive producer...

Continue reading...

Certainly has some cash behind it. The original was absolutely horrible - but I remember as a 6 year old loving it. Pure nostalgia play - will see if they can actually make something good out of it

I have to say that this looks pretty awesome. I couldn't stomach their She-Ra, not that I liked the original either, but was even more dreading they would eventually take this on. I'm looking forward to giving this a shot.

If they could add an adult'ish theme to it .. ala Amazon's Invincible .. It could work!

If they could add an adult'ish theme to it .. ala Amazon's Invincible .. It could work!

He man literally bisecting bad guys in fight scenes. Getting covered in gore as he calls down listening to defeat skeletor. I could see it.

I'm willing to give this a try as well. I hope it's a good one.

Become a Patron!
Back