Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond requires 340GB of space for installation

Armenius

FPS Regular
First of all: Who knew there was a new Medal of Honor game coming out?
Second: So this is what Respawn has been up to since Titanfall 2...
Third: A game requiring VR coming out of EA?

Anyway, with all that confusion out of the way, it was revealed today that the new VR-exclusive Medal of Honor game needs a hefty 340GB of space to install itself. Final disk size after installation is still 177GB. Knowing Respawn the game probably comes packed with uncompressed audio files for every single language in the world that need to be unencrypted during the installation process, and is why this game needs so much space.

But not only is the amount of space needed ludicrous, it is highly recommended that the game be installed on a SSD that is preferably NVMe. With 512GB seeming to be the most popular capacity in SSD right now the installation requirement for this game is a hefty ask.

The game also comes with some other hefty hardware recommendations for a smooth experience:

CPU: Intel Core-i7-9700K (or comparable AMD)
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Graphics Card: GTX 2080 (or comparable AMD)
Storage: 340GB required for installation, 170GB once installed (SSD or NVMe recommended)

https://www.roadtovr.com/medal-of-honor-above-beyond-recommended-specs-minimum-file-download-size/

1. I didn't know. And even if I did, would probably not have cared about it. I think I once played moha at a LAN party, but that's about it.
2. I didn't like Titanfall II, so their name isn't a guarantee of quality to me. And TBH Jedi Fallen order was a similar mediocre game, maybe slightly better than Titanfall but still not good enough for me to finish.
3. VR only? Well then why should I care at all. With oculus going crazy I don't see myself getting a VR set any time soon. The rest are either unavailable in EU, or too expensive for what is essentially a gimmick still.

1. I didn't know. And even if I did, would probably not have cared about it. I think I once played moha at a LAN party, but that's about it.
2. I didn't like Titanfall II, so their name isn't a guarantee of quality to me. And TBH Jedi Fallen order was a similar mediocre game, maybe slightly better than Titanfall but still not good enough for me to finish.
3. VR only? Well then why should I care at all. With oculus going crazy I don't see myself getting a VR set any time soon. The rest are either unavailable in EU, or too expensive for what is essentially a gimmick still.
****, I had completely forgotten that Respawn made Jedi: Fallen Order. I have yet to play through that game.

****, I had completely forgotten that Respawn made Jedi: Fallen Order. I have yet to play through that game.
The funny thing is that I started playing it very recently ,and it was so memorable that I completely forgot where I left off and why.

340 gigs!!!!!!!! That's insane!

Heck, I remember when everyone thought that a 350 meg install was crazy. :ROFLMAO:

I haven't touched a MOH game since Allied Assault/Spearhead/Breakthrough back in the early 2000's. Those games were awesome at the time.

Doubt I'll get this new one.

The game actually looks pretty decent, but users have noticed that the game comes with no graphic options aside from render resolution. The game is exclusive to the Oculus, though, meaning you need a Facebook account to play it. RIP. It is NOT exclusive to Oculus. You can play it with a HTC Vive or Valve Index if purchased through Steam.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back