Metro 2033 Redux and Everything Are Up for Grabs at the Epic Games Store

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Epic Games Store has followed up last week's Batman Arkham and LEGO trilogies with another impressive pair of titles. For the next seven days, 4A Games's Metro 2033 Redux (an HD remake of Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light) and David O'Reilly's Everything (a simulation game based on a procedurally generated unvierse) are free for the taking.

In 2013, the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.

Everything is an epic, award-winning reality simulation game - where everything you see is a thing you can be, from animals to planets to galaxies and beyond. Travel between outer and inner space, and explore a vast, interconnected universe of things without enforced goals, score…

I’m starting to like their launcher better. My only complaint is it opening to the store instead of library. I have run into a few bugs. I haven’t paid a dime yet, but I have had more than enough fun from a few games to make up for it.

I can click the links here and own the game in seconds from my phone. Steam is a little more complicated.

Am I ready to dump $60 on a title through them? Not yet, but they beat ea, ubi, rockstar, ... easily. I just don’t know if they’ll keep to storing everything on their servers you’ve ever paid for like steam.

I bought Metro Exodus through them.
I like Steam better, but whatever.
If you never played Metro....by all means get it now for free. The Redux is visually excellent and the game is fun.

Not sure if it's on for this game but they've begun to integrate cloud saves for some games. I noticed when playing the The Colonels that it was working when I switched rigs.

Already have Metro Exodus and the Everything game doesn't look interesting to me. Though free is always a good price.

Funny thing. Today Steam went down for about an hour. I played this for a little bit.

There DO seem to be cloud saves in Metro Exodus.
I logged in yesterday and progress from my other computer was available.
Which is nice, because in June I lost all my progress due to some glitch.

Become a Patron!
Back