Microsoft Adds Next-Generation AI to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and More with Microsoft 365 Copilot

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Why waste your time with original content when AI can do all of the hard work for you? That's an idea that Microsoft appears to be championing today with the introduction of Microsoft 365 Copilot, a new update that brings the power of next-generation AI to some of the company's most popular apps, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. According to a video that Microsoft shared to raise awareness for Microsoft 365 Copilot, users can create a slide presentation just by typing in a bunch of text, while others who can't be bothered to come up with topics for a company meeting can do the same. Microsoft has confirmed that it will be bringing Copilot to all of its productivity apps (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Viva, Power Platform) in the months ahead, and more on pricing and licensing will be shared soon.

See full article...

So now I can get Clippy to make PivotTables for me rather than needing to look it up every **** time?

**** off with this AI crap Microsoft.

It is neither useful nor valuable.
I think you couldn't be wronger. Who wants to waste time making tables in excel, or formatting text in word when all you need to do is ask the AI to do it for you? AI is an extremely powerful and useful tool, nothing more. It's up to people to use it for good purposes. Generating your presentation with AI is not a good purpose. Using it to make illustrations or help with formatting is.

I think you couldn't be wronger. Who wants to waste time making tables in excel, or formatting text in word when all you need to do is ask the AI to do it for you? AI is an extremely powerful and useful tool, nothing more. It's up to people to use it for good purposes. Generating your presentation with AI is not a good purpose. Using it to make illustrations or help with formatting is.
I think the real issue will be people using AI features and ability to steal proprietary data. AI will need to be ran by organizations privately.

Last edited:
Meh, in okay with it., still not subscribing.

I think the real issue will be people using AI features and ability to steal proprietary data. AI will need to be ran by organizations provstely.
Ooo that's a good point and I hadn't considered it.

Is Microsoft training their AI model with data from local users' everyday use? How would you protect that data? How do you discriminate against something that's Confidential or Sensitive?

Would be hilarious to ask Clippy to generate an image for my presentation and it comes up with a sales chart from my competition, and scary to think about the opposite of that.

Become a Patron!
Back