Microsoft Begins Testing Family Plan for Xbox Game Pass in Select Regions

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft wants to make it easier for Game Pass subscribers who want to share the perks of the service with family members.

Go to post

Family Plans should always be an option. Good way to roll with cell phone service, good way to roll with online services for gaming. My friend has a Nintendo Online account plus the expansion pass. I would never pay for such a thing, but my brother and I jumped on his family plan along with his brother, cuz you can have up to 5 accounts on there, and like he said, he was gonna pay for that stuff anyways, so we might as well take advantage. So I get full Nintendo Online benefits for free (my friend said he doesn't need us to pitch in with cash). The only thing I care about is the cloud saves (which you get for free with Xbox Live Silver and PC platforms like Steam), which have already saved my @ss at least once. Nintendo systems don't give you a way to back up your save files without modding the systems, so the cloud saves are really the only option. On Sony systems you can at least plug in a flash drive and backup your saves that way. As for the emulation services on Nintendo Online, they of course don't compare to the free community options that have been available for years on PC and modded consoles, so I really don't give a sh1t about that. But yeah, family plans are pretty handy. Like my whole family contributes cash for our phone plan, which ends up being cheaper for every person individually.

Become a Patron!
Back