Microsoft Reveals New Windows UI with Floating Task Bar and Other Changes

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has accidentally revealed a UI design prototype for Windows, offering a potential glimpse at what future versions of the operating system might look like.

Go to post

I would immediately re dock my task bar. Some of these ui tweaks to appeal to Mac users and gain market share are wasted. Ms needs to integrate seamlessly into the apple apace like they do with windows. And that won't happen with apples walled garden. When though Ms is why Apple is still a thing today.

I am of the opinion that the Desktop OS gets more insignficant as the years go by.

Sure, you need some sort of operating system - but exactly what that is has almost become a commodity item any more.

I interact with the Start Menu ... almost never. And on the occasions when I do, it's just to use Search.

That said - I don't want an always-open Search widget on my desktop either ...

I was going to suggest something but the short version is simpler: why can’t they just have UI options like Linux?

I was going to suggest something but the short version is simpler: why can’t they just have UI options like Linux?
Cause you know, UI bars and crap like floating, or, gasp! Transparent, it just sooooooo complicated for an international trillion dollar company... Let alone multiple desktop views you can flip around, jeez, why not the moon, and mars while you are at it.

The Windows OS desktop is developed by a team of monkeys on crack and LSD. Microsoft invents half a dozen new development frameworks every couple of months and deprecates existing ones just as fast. They can't settle on a technology. Don't blame the monkeys. 🐒

Become a Patron!
Back