Motorola Expected to Unveil Foldable Razr Phone During November Event

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
One of the most popular mobile phones ever is making a comeback this November. Motorola has sent out invitations for an event on Nov. 13 that hint at a "highly anticipated unveiling of a reinvented icon," which can only mean one thing: the foldable Razr. Rumors suggest it'll collapse vertically like the original, making it easily pocketable.

Motorola's foldable phone offering is rumored to have a foldable screen, but instead of opening out into a tablet, the phone could fold vertically to fit inside pockets. It's also been reported that the phone will cost $1,500; measure 6.2 inches; run on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor; come in white, black and gold; and have a 2,730mAh battery, 4GB or 6GB of RAM and 64GM or 128GB of storage.

Yikes, a $1500 phone where any case defeats the purpose of the form factor and a screen protector is either difficult or impossible to implement. Although I guess the inside screen is reasonably safe if you don't drop it while open. Dropped my Motorola KRZR K1 quite often back in the day and the only thing to ever crack was the glass to the outer screen.

I don't care what they release.

They are owned by the Chinese now. Only a fool would use their products.

Yikes, a $1500 phone where any case defeats the purpose of the form factor and a screen protector is either difficult or impossible to implement. Although I guess the inside screen is reasonably safe if you don't drop it while open. Dropped my Motorola KRZR K1 quite often back in the day and the only thing to ever crack was the glass to the outer screen.

You are concerned about a plastic flexible screen with no glass breaking from a drop? You need to read up on what is destroying foldable phone screens. Pocket lint and grit seems to be their main enemy rather than indirect impact.

It has a not quite top of the line spec for a not quite top of the line price.. well among folding phones. It's very pricey compared to the market in general.

I'm also betting it will be awkwardly thick like the other folding phones.

Become a Patron!
Back