MSI Discontinues GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G Graphics Card

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
msi-geforce-rtx-3080-gaming-x-trio-play-hard-stay-silent-1024x575.jpg
Image: MSI

MSI has reportedly discontinued the production of one of its higher-clocked GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards, the GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10G. This is according to emails sent out by Dutch retailer Alternate, which advised customers that it had no choice but to cancel preorders for the GPU because it was no longer being manufactured. A FAQ published on Alternate’s official page has also confirmed that MSI has decided to stop producing its GeForce RX 3080 GAMING X TRIO graphics cards. MSI’s GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO boasts a higher boost clock speed than the standard GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X (1,815 MHz vs. 1,755 MHz).

Spotted: CES award-winning graphics card!🎉🏆MSI GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO is made for all gamers who demand all-out performance from an efficient design.✨ Learn more about our TECH FOR THE...

Continue reading...

That is interesting. I was completely expecting to see their bottom line cards discontinued.

Why not discontinue all of them, and then rerelease the parts as crypto mining cards at 3x the MSRP?

I feel bad for those who had been on the pre-order list for a long time. Some poor guy waiting on the list for months in hopes of getting a card some day receives this news and BOOM! Now, he will have to wait several additional months at the back of some other pre-order line or pay at least triple the new boosted MSRP to some scalper. At this rate, you might as well wait for Ampere-Next pre-orders coming next year.

And the Hits just keep on coming!!!

We needed this news like a bull needs tits.

Can't wait for the RTX 4000 series!
But actually, since they'll be moving to a smaller node and that should increase yields, and perhaps performance / efficiency quite a bit too, since TSMC has done a pretty good job with 7nm and derivatives.

Or not, because something else goes wrong.

I'm just hoping for more VRAM below the kilo-point-five-buck part ;)

I would dig a sometimes working 6gb 2060 out of the trash of a meat processing plant...... that was abandoned 8 months ago. With muh teeth, but I won't pay over msrp.

In the meantime I'm cancelling my trip to the edge of the universe. What you say it was never actually a thing?

Become a Patron!
Back