MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO Review

So all the OC numbers were with fan speeds at 100%? Maybe you're trying to show off it's potential, but this is the worst review I've seen. Why would anyone want a card running at 100% fan speed.

If it's quiet at 60% with the OC I'd rather see results with that fan speed, that's more realistic of how anyone but a reviewer would use this card. I'm sure you had an open bench so that 60% quiet fan speed probably wouldn't hold in a closed case

So all the OC numbers were with fan speeds at 100%? Maybe you're trying to show off it's potential, but this is the worst review I've seen. Why would anyone want a card running at 100% fan speed.

If it's quiet at 60% with the OC I'd rather see results with that fan speed, that's more realistic of how anyone but a reviewer would use this card. I'm sure you had an open bench so that 60% quiet fan speed probably wouldn't hold in a closed case
The OC was held stable at 60%. The only test where they seemed to keep the fans at 100%, was for the temp chart. That was to show just how well the cooler performed. Like they stated in the article, 60% was all you needed to maintain 2.085Ghz throughout the performance tests.

Thanks Brent for an amazing review!

I had no idea that MSI put so much effort into pulling out all the stops for a truly customized PCB with the 2080 Super. The "Trio" series has really caught my attention with the RTX launch and seems to be getting better with each new card. At this point it might be what I get next for whatever surpasses the 2080TI.

I'm still sitting on 1080's, which is more than enough for 1080p gaming. Whenever my card fails, I'll be looking at the 2080 Supers as the replacement card. While this card carries a $50 premium over the FE's, I can justify it with the additional cooling provided.

Nice review.

So basically 90% of the performance of the 2080ti @ 75% of the price? $750 vs $999? If I was going to blow a grand on a video card, I might think long and hard about saving $250 and getting really close performance.

I'm on 1080ti though and going to stay on the sidelines until next gen though.

Ray tracing performance was disappointing, making that feature less worthy for a consideration, wondering if it was running out of ram. That is the other aspect, 8Gb, for the price that is not worth it in my case. Performance slightly better than a OC 1080Ti with less ram and not really a 4K card with high settings. No interest here.

It looks like MSI did a great job making this card and for non 1080Ti owners, 1440p would make a very good upgrade path.

Become a Patron!
Back