MSI Planning At Least Seven GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Models, including GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 12G: EEC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
MSI is planning to release a number of custom GeForce RTX 4070 Ti graphics cards, according to an addition on the EEC site that lists seven models associated with the manufacturer, including the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 12G, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPRIM X 12G, and GeForce RTX 4070 Ti VENTUS 3X 12G OC, as spotted by leaker @harukaze5719 earlier today.

See full article...

I'm wondering if this indicates the 4070 models are being heavily binned and also if this is where AIBs are expecting to make the real money.

Sort of makes sense but yeah, kind of ridiculous. MSI, GIGABYTE, and Asus all have multiple tiers and will often release 2-3 per (RGB/non-RGB, 2 or 3 fans or liquid, OC and uber OC) so 7, as insane as it sounds, makes sense from their perspective but I agree that for the consumer you really have to do your homework to get what truly fits your needs.

I'm wondering if this indicates the 4070 models are being heavily binned and also if this is where AIBs are expecting to make the real money.
Yeah, it'll come down to the MSRP for them combined with actual availability. This thing is basically going to go head-to-head with the 7900 XT/XTX and if folks are not worried about RT there's not much incentive for them to get this.

Well, when your 4080 isn't selling, it's always best to flood the market with a lower price card(s) that hopefully consumers will purchase.

Become a Patron!
Back