MSI Registers 29 New GPUs with the EEC

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
MSI-Logo-1200-x-675-1024x576.jpg
Image: MSI

At this point, just about everyone’s patience is wearing thin with rumors, theories, and speculation about NVIDIA’s upcoming Ampere-based GeForce RTX 30 Series cards. It could be days until an official launch announcement from NVIDIA. In the meantime, just about every specification imaginable is popping up near daily. Well, the wait is almost over now, and here’s a little more fact than fiction to be aware of. PC Gamer has spotted something interesting from MSI.

MSI has registered no less than 29 different video cards with the Eurasian Economic Commission. It has not directly named them, but the...

Continue reading...

Trying to play it cool about the launch, but I'm definitely starting to feel the hype. Sold my RTX 2080 Super, so I'll be trying to make a grab for a 3080 series at launch.

Also sold the ITX hardware I had started collecting, so I might make a run at the 3090 depending on where it falls on pricing.

I'll wait until there is something significantly better than the 2080ti under $1000. I doubt there will be anything under 1000 in the new lineup that even beats the 2080ti let alone by a significant margin.

I'll wait until there is something significantly better than the 2080ti under $1000. I doubt there will be anything under 1000 in the new lineup that even beats the 2080ti let alone by a significant margin.
I always love to be wrong about these kind of things, but that could be a long, long wait, for a new card. I doubt NV would be so willing to destroy that tier in just one generation. Although, I believe they did try to say the 'recommended' price for the 2080 Ti FE, was going to be $999 last time around. I'm sure a few people got them but then that price didn't matter much after they ripped the fans off to put on liquid cooling.

I'm going to try and wait myself. I've thought about selling my 2070 Super, and moving the 2080Ti to that system with the new card going into my main system, but I will wait to see just how much improvement is made over the 2080Ti before doing anything.

Become a Patron!
Back