Netflix Releases Teaser Poster and First Photos for The Witcher

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Netflix's adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski's fantasy series appears to be coming along nicely. The streaming giant has launched the show's social media pages and a first look at lead characters Geralt (Henry Cavill), Yennefer (Anya Cholatra), and Ciri (Freya Allan).

CD Projekt RED fans may be wondering where Geralt's other sword is, as he oftens carries two (steel for humans, silver for monsters) in the popular RPG series. This is different from the books, in which his silver blade stays with his horse, Roach. Evidently, the show is leaning toward the latter.

Based on the best-selling fantasy series of books, The Witcher is an epic tale of fate and family. Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.

Henry Cavill looks much better as Geralt than I thought he would. I think the biggest issue will be how he sounds though.

Looks pretty good. Not quite feeling the Yennifer, but Cavil cosplays a mean Geralt.

Read that the Marvel Netflix team is helming this series, pretty happy about that. Enjoyed most of their offerings.

Looks pretty good. Not quite feeling the Yennifer, but Cavil cosplays a mean Geralt.

Read that the Marvel Netflix team is helming this series, pretty happy about that. Enjoyed most of their offerings.

Never read the books and it's widely publicized this is based on them instead of the games but I wonder if Yennifer is as much of a b*** in them. Kind of like Joan Collins from Dynasty with a twist of GOT. If so, this actress is really going to need to project quite a bit for that.

I agree about the cosplay aspect of Cavil's appearance. I think if he plays it like his Superman plus some of the humor and humanity that Kevin Conroy used for Batman he'll do alright or even a touch of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. If he keeps it to a simple one dimensional stoic approach this will get old quick.

Didn't know about the Marvel Netflix team being involved. That's great news. We didn't like everything but overall really enjoyed most. I just hope they don't use that same slow burn formula where it takes 4-7 episodes before things really get moving and then it's over 3 episodes later. That formula seems to be the standard for most of Netflix's series.

I'm torn about the Marvel teams working on this. The first season of Dare Devil was fantastic but every season of each series after that went down hill progressively. It's like after each series season aired they fired their most talented people before starting work on the next season/series.

I'm torn about the Marvel teams working on this. The first season of Dare Devil was fantastic but every season of each series after that went down hill progressively. It's like after each series season aired they fired their most talented people before starting work on the next season/series.

Yeah, I can agree with that. S2 of Daredevil was pretty disappointing. I thought they brought it back to good quality with S3, mind you.

I don't know enough about their development that caused such a change in story quality, but, yeah, hopefully we'll be getting S1 DD quality from the Witcher series.

Yeah, I can agree with that. S2 of Daredevil was pretty disappointing. I thought they brought it back to good quality with S3, mind you.

I don't know enough about their development that caused such a change in story quality, but, yeah, hopefully we'll be getting S1 DD quality from the Witcher series.
Me to but if you look at DD season one compared to Iron Fist season one the disparity is pretty huge. The Punisher has held up quite well so I have some hope for The Witcher.

Since this is basically their answer to HBO's GoT, they better go all out on this one and don't cheap out on VFX...

Become a Patron!
Back