New Start Menu Revealed in Leaked Internal Windows 10 Build

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has accidentally leaked an internal build of Windows 10 that features a newly designed Start menu. It's likely specific to Windows Lite, but there's a possibility it could come to Windows 10 as well.

The new Start menu foregoes live tiles for a more traditional app layout, but not a lot of people seem to be fans of it. It's even more unsightly in tablet mode.

I mentioned a while back that Microsoft was done with live tiles. Windows Core OS editions don't have them, and the only place where they still exist is on desktop. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon, but I also don't think we're going to see them on any new Microsoft projects going forward.

That's awful.

I've hated Microsoft's design language since 2097. Moving from nice, legible, ordered columns of text to disorganized pictures (Ribbon) was the worst thing they ever did.

This is more of that same terrible idea. Stop it with the pictures already.

That's awful.

I've hated Microsoft's design language since 2097. Moving from nice, legible, ordered columns of text to disorganized pictures (Ribbon) was the worst thing they ever did.

This is more of that same terrible idea. Stop it with the pictures already.
It's kind of funny and sad. PC users often worry about console game ports and the effect they have on the PC version. This crap is the side effect and influence from tablets and phones and all those users who need their cute pictures for everything.

The side effect of employing idiots.
Windows was loved when Windows 7 was out.
How on earth did they wreck that, even after everyone bellowed at them to stop.
Yet they continued to make it worse, year on year.
They have a royally stupid focus.

Become a Patron!
Back