New Teaser Released for Straight-to-Video DOOM Movie, Annihilation

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Universal has released a new teaser for its direct-to-video DOOM adaptation, which is slated for release on Blu-ray, DVD, and digital on Oct. 1. Unfortunately, Annihilation has managed to look even worse than the studio's 2008 attempt, which starred The Rock and Karl Urban.

Despite fans' incessant clamoring for Doomguy/Doom Slayer, this one revolves around a team of UAC Marines once again as they try to survive a demon-infested base on Phobos. id Software has made it clear that it has nothing to do with the movie.

Follows a group of UAC Marines as they respond to a distress call from a top secret scientific base on Phobos, a Martian moon, only to discover it's been overrun by demons who threaten to create Hell on Earth.

It all looks way to well lit. Doom is dark, suspenseful, terrifying scenarios.

This **** is dead before it even hits video.

An no doom guy...wtf I mean, there was no doom guy in the first movie. If they brought back Karl Urban I might be interested.

I thought the one with Rock/Urban was o.k. I held off for years before watching until it was available to stream. Not horrible but not great. I don't feel like I was robbed of my time just for watching it.

This just looks plain bad. I remember the teaser trailer a few months ago and it's only gotten slightly better. Yet another I'll wait to stream and even them I'm doubtful I'll finish. Lately there's been a flood of low budget sci-fi on Amazon that this look very similar to them in terms of quality. I don't believe you always need a big budget for a good movie but there's ways to focus on quality without relying on CGI to pull it off or at least create a style that can pull it off. This ain't it.

Oh well.

The original one wasn't bad for an actionish movie. They should just stop trying to make movies based on video games though, most are pretty bad.

The original one wasn't bad for an actionish movie. They should just stop trying to make movies based on video games though, most are pretty bad.
I think the main problem is that a lot of games have a pretty rich detailed background story to them and Hollywood tends to change everything that people like about the game into something completely different and then call it by the same title even though the movie isn't anything like the game except in name only...

I enjoyed the "Rock" Doom movie .. but they took waaaaaay to many "artistic" liberties .. I mean, Pinky was now a crippled dude in a wheelchair? .. come on man!

freak'n liberals!

If it's 10$ on Blu Ray I'll probably bite. Female lead horror is a genre I'm fond of.
I won't do that but it'll likely be one of many things that I've at least started on Prime Video, my wife asks why, and then the smile appears on my face.

Straight to video? Hmmmmm.......

But will probably rent/watch/netflix/hulu/prime (or whoever gets the rights).

Looks like a Cloverfield Paradox grade of movie, so i dont expect much. (but i will still watch it)

It is not a good movie, watched it while doing house work and playing township. It is just bad.

Become a Patron!
Back