Nintendo Doesn’t Plan on Making Any More Mario Smartphone Games

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
It doesn't look as if Nintendo will be developing any more smartphone games that involve its mascot. Speaking to Variety in a interview for its cover story on the making of The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Shigeru Miyamoto was asked when the next Mario game was coming, and while he had no details to share about that, he did say that "mobile apps will not be the primary path of future Mario games.” Some of the mobile games that Nintendo has released so far include LEGO Super Mario, Mario Kart Tour, and Super Mario Run, a title that was produced to bring the traditional side-scrolling and platforming experience to smartphone users. Miyamoto noted at the end of the interview that he will never make a Mario game where he hurts people.

See full article...

I was afraid nintendo might go all in on mobile. Well he only mentions mario though, doesn't mean nintendo isn't.
Were is the effin switch 2?
But good for less mobile games.

I was afraid nintendo might go all in on mobile. Well he only mentions mario though, doesn't mean nintendo isn't.
Were is the effin switch 2?
But good for less mobile games.

I'd like to introduce you to the OLED switch.

I'd like to introduce you to the OLED switch.
Not a "Switch 2," still has the same underpowered hardware. And if you mostly use the system docked, then the OLED screen does nothing for yah.

Become a Patron!
Back