Nintendo Remastering Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy for 35th Anniversary

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
super-mario-galaxy-cover-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Nintendo

It’s an incredibly exciting time to be a Mario fan. As part of Super Mario Bros.’s 35th anniversary, Nintendo is reportedly planning remasters of at least three 3D Mario titles for the Switch: 1997’s Super Mario 64, 2002’s Super Mario Sunshine, and 2007’s Super Mario Galaxy.

VentureBeat’s sources claim that these will be released as part of a compilation akin to 1993’s Super Mario All-Stars. This is a Super Nintendo title that comprises Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Bros. 3.

Nintendo will also release brand-new Mario titles this year, which include a new Paper Mario game and “deluxe” version of 2013’s Super Mario 3D World. According to...

Continue reading...

If I can get Super Mario 64 at 60fps, and even SMSunshine, I would be hella down for that.

If I can get Super Mario 64 at 60fps, and even SMSunshine, I would be hella down for that.

I'm hoping it has the additional Mario 64 DS content (with the extra playable characters). I never played that version as I was turned off having to play the game with a Dpad.

But, yeah, I'm totally down for a Super Mario 3D All-Stars compilation.

I never played that version as I was turned off having to play the game with a Dpad.
Same exact problem here. I appreciated the higher-quality textures, the extra playable characters, and the other new content, but the controls make the game pretty much **** near unplayable. I stick with the original N64 version for that. So yeah, I'm with you on a potential remaster.

Become a Patron!
Back