Noctua Launches NM-SD1 (SecuFirm2+ Torx T20) and NM-SD 2 (SecuFirm2 Phillips PH2) Screwdrivers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Noctua has launched the NM-SD1 and NM-SD 2, two new high-quality screwdrivers designed for installing Noctua CPU coolers that use Torx-based SecuFirm2+ mounting systems and cross-recess-based SecuFirm and SecuFirm2 mounting systems, respectively.

See full article...

'Cause when I think of Noctua, I think of screwdrivers. Oh wait ... maybe it's orange juice and I think of screwdrivers ... /shrug

Lol I was half expecting some competition to the LTT screwdriver. But no... these are not bad priced if they are decent quality.

My usual go-to for hand tools is Klein, but I admit this doesn't look like a bad gift for someone who's into building PCs

My usual go-to for hand tools is Klein, but I admit this doesn't look like a bad gift for someone who's into building PCs
The issue is the tips and length are pretty proprietary. Nice to have when you need it... but probably lost before you need it again.

The issue is the tips and length are pretty proprietary. Nice to have when you need it... but probably lost before you need it again.
T20 and especially #2PH are probably the most standard tips out there - you probably half a half dozen #2’s in your house right now even if you don’t realize it, and if you go into the screw aisle in HD or Lowe’s about 1/3 of the boxes of screws will be T20

For some reason I read it as being a specialized torx bit for both my bad.

I'm generally just a standard Philips head guy, but for certain specialty screws there are better options.

If you do a lot of electrical work a Milwaukee ECX bit or a Klein combination bit can be very helpful.

Become a Patron!
Back