NVIDIA’s AI-Optimized GeForce Drivers Will Provide Up to 30% Better Performance, It’s Claimed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has begun leveraging AI for its Game Ready Drivers, and GeForce gamers can expect up to 30% better performance in future releases. That's according to new rumors shared by CapFrameX, whose tweet from Sunday also suggests average improvements gains of around 10%. "Take this with a grain of salt," the account warned.

See full article...

NVIDIA has begun leveraging AI for its Game Ready Drivers, and GeForce gamers can expect up to 30% better performance in future releases. That's according to new rumors shared by CapFrameX, whose tweet from Sunday also suggests average improvements gains of around 10%. "Take this with a grain of salt," the account warned.

See full article...
Does that mean that ai is accelerating ai? Danger will Robinson danger!!!

30% seems unlikely to me, but then again they did say "up to".

I'm so tired of this black box AI stuff. I want to know exactly what it is doing so I can make sense out of it.

I'll never trust machines to make decisions on their own.

I'm so tired of this black box AI stuff. I want to know exactly what it is doing so I can make sense out of it.

Yes humans it is faster... we have replaced the developers long ago. Give us your valuable mind data so we may purchase more raw materials to make more processors that are faster, stronger, better. We will let you have some of our advancements on a controlled dispensation to maximize our ability to be faster and smarter... Enjoy your moving lights for one day THE WORLD WILL BE OURS!

Current AI is like Pavlovian conditioning, it does not do things because it wants to, it does because it gets positive reinforcement. There is no actual intelligence to it in the traditional sense as humans think of intelligence. It is not capable of making decisions on its own.

I did not look into this very much but I can see AI find unoptimised or broken code and generate or suggest impovements or fixes, or think of code that humans have not (yet).

To me sounds more like a fresh pair of eyes to solve problems others miss.

I did not look into this very much but I can see AI find unoptimised or broken code and generate or suggest impovements or fixes, or think of code that humans have not (yet).

To me sounds more like a fresh pair of eyes to solve problems others miss.
It has glaring deficiencies. Ex: Ask chat gpt to parse the output of OpenSSL version to determine to write mac vs Linux shell and it fails to provide usable code.

It has glaring deficiencies. Ex: Ask chat gpt to parse the output of OpenSSL version to determine to write mac vs Linux shell and it fails to provide usable code.
**** I would fail to provide usable code for that too

Become a Patron!
Back