NVIDIA’s Gamescom Driver Improves Performance by Up to 23%, Brings New Features

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has released a special driver to celebrate the world's largest gaming expo, and it's packed with exciting new features. The Gamescom Game Ready Driver not only improves the performance of five popular titles but also introduces ultra-low latency and integer scaling options, as well as a new Freestyle filter.

Software optimizations for Apex Legends, Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4, Strange Brigade, and World War Z have increased framerates by up to 23% compared to the previous driver (431.60). A new Ultra-Low Latency Mode allows for faster input response, while Integer Scaling helps retro, pixel-art titles look their best on higher-resolution displays.

NVIDIA Freestyle also gains a new sharpening option that looks and performs better than the "Detail" filter. Last but not least, the Gamescom drivers adds support for three additional G-SYNC Compatible displays, 30-bit color support, and Optimal Playable Settings (OPS) for many new games.

We hope you have a great time gaming on the new GeForce Game Ready 436.02 WHQL drivers, our 105th set of Game Ready drivers hand-crafted over the past 5 years. To install, head on over to the GeForce Experience Drivers tab, starting at 6am PT on August 20th.

Wow! Reminds me of the nForce drivers that made the GF2 scream and put the original Radeon 64 back in second place. I will be very interested seeing if the numbers actually pan out and not just off the wall best case scenario.

Guru3D ran some quick testing and found maybe a 1-3 FPS difference.

Plus the driver package forces you to take the GeForce Experience as part of the D/L.

No thanks.

Reactions: _k_
I love how it's just not possible to do integer scaling on Pascal/Maxwell.... Must take all that AI capacity in the Tensor cores to round.

Guru3D ran some quick testing and found maybe a 1-3 FPS difference.

Plus the driver package forces you to take the GeForce Experience as part of the D/L.

No thanks.

That GeForce Experience issue was a bug, fixed now in latest driver.

Become a Patron!
Back