NVIDIA Announces GeForce RTX 4060 Series: Available from May 24, Starting at $299

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has confirmed that the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti with 8 GB of memory will be available beginning on Wednesday, May 24 for $399. That GPU will be followed by the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti with 16 GB of memory and the GeForce RTX 4060, both of which are scheduled to release in July for $499 and $299, respectively. The GeForce RTX 4060 Ti (8 GB) is the only GeForce RTX 4060 Series model that will be available in a limited Founders Edition, according to an email from NVIDIA.

See full article...

Some big price jumps in there but better. Only a year into Ada and we finally get something that most people could afford.

Yeah, me too. I'm just rolling with it. I'd like to see a $200-$250 x60, not x50, card but I know it's not going to happen. I'm still bummed that the RX 7600 was listed at $329 in Canada. I was really hoping they could go lower.
The RX 7600 should not cost more than 4060 as they are both in the same class & nvidia has more features such as frame hallucination

I expect AMD to launch 7600 at $300 and sell at $270-$280 within weeks & then $250 eventually.

$500 for 4060 Ti 16GB. I recall when a 2070 Super was $500 (should've been $400 like 5700 XT). Ignoring inflation, we've come a looooong way since $400-450 got you flagship cards like the Radeon 9700 Pro. I just think a GeForce XX60 card should not cost anywhere f*cking near $500. $300 for the RTX 4060? Wasn't the GTX 970 like $330 at launch? I'm just tired of the lower segments creeping up to the prices of the higher segments. Pay high-end prices for low-end cards. I realize these are no longer "high-end" prices (not even close), but excuse me if it sure feels that way to some of us.

Also maybe they have corrected this by now, but I still remember the sh!tshow that Radeon drivers used to be.
I keep hearing that things have gotten a lot better. Stuff still comes up but not as bad as it used to be. I don't really know but that's what I've heard.

AMD drivers are on par with NVIDIA's, maybe even better. AMD has a much better control panel as well, with options built-in that NVIDIA just simply does not have.

Anyone who says AMD drivers are bad today, just simply does not have the proof or experience using them to back up that statement.

I keep hearing that things have gotten a lot better. Stuff still comes up but not as bad as it used to be. I don't really know but that's what I've heard.
Honestly Nvidia abandons video cards long before AMD does. And the drivers are largely on point. It's rare to have a driver issue at all.

The term AMD Fine Wine is all about their driver quality and unlocking performance via driver updates that Nvidia just abandons after 1 generation.

Become a Patron!
Back