NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER FE Overclocking

NVidia did a great job with their reference models, almost too good for the AIB makers to give a significant advantage. So buying direct from NVidia for $499 seems the most prudent buy that is when they are in stock.

A custom fan curve over stock of around 20%. Max the power limit, memOC, seems like all that would be needed, I don’t see adding the extra voltage adds that much to the OC.

Now how much performance did men OCing add to the performance. Is the 1070 Super as memory limiting as the 5700XT?

Look forward to the AIB card OCing results. Using NVidia and AMD.

Thanks for the review Brent, some really dang good info here. Indeed we shall see how the AIB cards hold up, now that we got a good baseline set with the FE card. Props to nVidia for the stocker cooler, it's definitely getting the job done. Freakin' card already runs at a really nice boost clock, and then there's room to go a decent amount further. And that's before even touching the voltage. Some nice **** right here. Nice gains on memory bandwidth too from vRAM OC. Max OC only required 60-70% fan, geezus. The quality of this card can't be denied, that's for sure. What you get out of the box sure is something. I'm usually an AIB guy, but if I had dis shiznit I think I would be just fine, thank you very much.

Thanks Brent & David for the detailed testing.

In terms of value the 2070 Super's seem like the best of the series. Definitely the card I'd recommend for someone on a budget but wanting some oomph! Seems like all the RTX's OC the same to ~2100Mhz on the core on air which is interesting.

Become a Patron!
Back