NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Rumored with 24 GB of GDDR6X RAM, $150 Cooler

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
jdsp-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-render-angled-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Igor’s Lab has some really juicy tidbits regarding NVIDIA’s upcoming lineup of RTX graphics cards. Apparently, the 3080 Ti will not be the flagship product, but an RTX 3090 Ti/SUPER model that flaunts 24 GB of GDDR6X memory with a 384-bit interface and TBP of 350 watts. That’s almost double the RAM of the 3080 model (check out the table below for the specifics).

partPCBchipModelExtensionMemoryinterfaceTBPConnectorsSKU10PG132GA102RTX 3090(Ti / Super) *24 GB GDDR6X(double-sided)384-bt350 W.3x DP, HDMINVLinkSKU20PG132GA102RTX 3080(Ti / Super) *11 GB GDDR6X *352-bit *320 W.3x DP, HDMISKU30PG132GA102RTX 3080none10 GB...

Continue reading...

Can I save $150 and skip it and just slap a water block on it? Yeah I didn't think so.

Just how many of this possible nonsense cards would Nvidia sell?
I doubt $2500, more like $3000 plus. And sell what? Less than 1000 units?
It is good marketing I will admit. Don't how well it would work depending on AMD lineup of course.

Anyone know what kidneys are going for these days?

About tree-fiddy?

Just how many of this possible nonsense cards would Nvidia sell?
I doubt $2500, more like $3000 plus. And sell what? Less than 1000 units?
It is good marketing I will admit. Don't how well it would work depending on AMD lineup of course.

I'm not sure they would go that high, but a $1500 price tag for the top of the product family would not surprise me if it 1. Performs better than current generation and 2. Does not have any direct competition.

When you look at the product stack, the 2070 and 2070 Super perform and are priced below and above a 5700 XT. If a 3070 comes along and brings 2080 Super level of performance to the 3070 nameplate, I'm fairly sure they would price it over the 2070 Super unless AMD launches something at the $400 price point with that level of performance. Extrapolating above where they face competition, it's a game of getting the market to pay as much as possible. High end gamers are ready to upgrade from their 2080 Ti's at this point and don't really care if that upgrade is $1000 or $1500.

About tree-fiddy?

I'm not sure they would go that high, but a $1500 price tag for the top of the product family would not surprise me if it 1. Performs better than current generation and 2. Does not have any direct competition.

When you look at the product stack, the 2070 and 2070 Super perform and are priced below and above a 5700 XT. If a 3070 comes along and brings 2080 Super level of performance to the 3070 nameplate, I'm fairly sure they would price it over the 2070 Super unless AMD launches something at the $400 price point with that level of performance. Extrapolating above where they face competition, it's a game of getting the market to pay as much as possible. High end gamers are ready to upgrade from their 2080 Ti's at this point and don't really care if that upgrade is $1000 or $1500.
Yeah I tend to agree here. The price is not an easy pill to swallow but at a certain point people want more and they are willing to pay for it. Its also likely that many users in this space have already saved funds and or sold old hardware to make way for a new series of GPU. Many users of high end monitors are chomping at the bit for a card that could push big numbers at 4K.

Yeah, looks expensive.

I'm all for high end GPU's, and I've been buying them for years, but that's when high end GPU's were $1,000 - $1,200.

That price range was ridiculous enough. I'm not going to go above that price range on principle even though I can afford it.

I guess we will see what happens. I for one hope the new big AMD chips give Nvidia a run for their money at the high end. If there is high end competition again, maybe we will see a return to more reasonable pricing.

All of that said, I can't help but suspect the 24GB Vram version (if real, who knows with the rumor mill) is more of a professional product than a consumer one. I can't even imagine a consumer workload that would benefit from that much VRAM.

Lets hope big Navi pulls a big win on performance. I don't expect them to top the performance stack. Nvidia will have it's winning HALO card. But if big Navi as we all call it can pull off an upset on performance/features then Nvidia will have to get more realistic with the rest of it's product stack.

Of course if they want to upset AMD just lower the Halo card to be 100 more expensive than the top of AMD's stack and say.. "Wow 2x the performance for 100 more... why would I bother with that other card?"

IF the markup allows that much of a decrease.

Become a Patron!
Back