NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series Graphics Cards Rumored to Bring Same Generational Jump as Maxwell to Pascal

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-angled-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

It’s no surprise that NVIDIA’s next generation of GeForce graphics cards will offer a new level of performance that overshadows its current Ampere counterparts, but the latest rumors suggest that the leap could be greater than anticipated.

According to leaker Ulysses, who has been offering purported insight on green team’s future hardware for a while now, NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 40 Series graphics cards will offer the same performance jump that was achieved between the company’s Maxwell (GeForce GTX 9 Series) and Pascal (GeForce GTX 10 Series) generation of GPU products.

The rumor has generated quite a bit of excitement, as the Pascal generation resulted in one of the greatest GeForce graphics cards ever, the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, which offered a 35 percent performance improvement over its standard sibling according to NVIDIA’s original marketing...

Continue reading...

What a joke. 2.5x? Do they think us fools? Even if nvidia was capable of doing that, which they probably aren't, they would have every incentive to hold back on performance and give only 1.5x initially, maybe trickle feeding more as time goes on. This goes completely counter to the 420w+ rumors, which suggests they are struggling to get more performance out of the damned things.

It's the same kind of bs rumors with every gen, I'm getting sick and tired of the hype train.

Anything to keep the hype up and the inventory low and expensive.

It's funny, they keep making crap cards like the 710, 730 and such, but will kill the current generation of good cards as soon as the next gen drops.

But hey, here is a card we dropped support for that gets like 700 for a score on 3dmark at 720p for twice the price.

I concur - hype train fodder, and probably hoping for some stock price bleed over - my suspicion is to counteract both the latest AMD rumor (because you have to keep up with the Joneses), and the latest setback news on delays on the ARM takeover

Become a Patron!
Back