NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Leak Reveals Up to 2,580 MHz Boost Clock, 8 GB of VRAM, and GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Performance

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti will feature 8 GB of memory and boost clocks as high as 2,580 MHz, according to TechPowerUp's T4C Fantasy, who teased some of the key specifications for one of COLORFUL's upcoming iGame graphics cards over the weekend. This happens to be the same amount of memory that's featured in the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, and while T4CFantasy has warned that this number might change, the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti seems to have its Ampere-based predecessor beat in the other department, with the reference model of the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti having been listed with a 1.67 GHz boost clock on the official NVIDIA site. Performance estimations shared online are suggesting that the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti will offer the same performance as the GeForce RTX 3070 Ti.

See full article...

Meh . Maybe if I was coming from a two or three generation old card I'd be excited.

My new theory;

All this ChatGPT and other AI has companies scrambling to buy all the AI hardware they can.

Now, that’s not exactly the same as the mining boom - where miners were buying consumer cards.

But - there is only so much fab allocation to go around, so now nVidia has a similar problem to AMD that has had it for a few generations: do you make a lot of low margin GPUs for the masses, or a few high margin AI accelerators that are almost guaranteed to sell out instantly?

(With AMD it’s their CPU lineup sharing fab space with GPUs)

I still don’t like it.

Become a Patron!
Back